Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Coming Attraction

The Myers' family has some exciting news to share - we will be adding a new member to our family in a couple of months! Owen will be a big brother to little brother Myers on or around May 21! Although, if our new little guy is anything like Owen, it will be closer to June! Owen was almost two weeks late!


This pregnancy came to us as a pretty big shock. Yes, we are fully aware of how these things happen, but we definitely weren't planning on it to happen! When we found out our new little peanut was coming, Owen had just turned 9 months old! Honestly, I really struggled with the idea at first - for a while, really. I had this crazy, irrational fear that Owen would think he did something wrong or he wasn't good enough, so we needed a "new model". I knew Owen wouldn't know any different - that he wouldn't remember life without his little sibling, but that made me sad, too (stupid pregnancy hormones!!).

This pregnancy has been a little more difficult than my first. In the beginning, I was quite a bit sicker than with Owen. Oh yeah - I also had to keep up with an almost-toddler. A stinker of an almost-toddler who stopped sleeping one week after we found out I was pregnant. He went from 11 1/2 hour nights to waking up multiple times throughout the night. This went on for three months!!! Luckily, Owen has the best daddy (and I have the best husband), and he helped out A LOT. I am pretty sure I wouldn't have survived those first months had it not been for Justin!

Things have really gotten a lot better since the shock of the baby has worn off, and the queasiness of the first trimester has passed. I am super excited about our new little guy. And super excited about Owen being a big brother. He will be a great big brother - he loves hugging other kids (although, he often ends up tackling). He has a long way to go with sharing, though :) We had our 20-week ultrasound this week, and things with Baby Myers #2 (I get tempted to be lazy and just type B.M. #2, but that makes me think of bowel movement, and I don't like referring to my children as crap...unless I mean to :) are looking great. He's right on schedule, and definitely a boy!

It's a boy!

Even though Owen has no idea what's in store for him, I think he's getting pretty excited for his new little brother, too :)

5 comments:

KARRIE said...

I am so excited for you guys, Cass. It will be a huge kick in the hind end for the first few months, but we are almost at a year and we are LOVING IT! I know you will too. And I'm gonna bet you're gonna raise (at least :) two boys that will really love each other and feel equally loved by their parents. Maybe someday we can actually get our boys together!!!

Krista said...

I totally laughed out loud when I read BM #2! We're really excited for you guys! It will be way fun for Cooper to have another playmate! (And that will keep us from having to supply him with a little brother or sister for a while. ;) The picture of Owen and your belly is too cute!

Amanda said...

How fun...two boys so close together! I guess your body knew what it was doing after the experience with precious Owen. Wait, no I think God knows what He's doing. Best to you all! amanda

Grandma/Mom/Shelli said...

Your baby boys are precious.... Can't wait to meet BM#2! It looks like Owen is say "HI" to him alreay! :)

Love you all!

Our blog said...

Cassie! I am so excited for you! That will be so fun for those two boys to be so close in age! And I think I am due just a week or so after you which is crazy! I bet you will handle 2 boys just fine...for one, you've got the sports thing down pat (from what I remember in college at least). Congratulations to you and Justin!